An article from

'The Topographical, Statistical, and Historical Gazetteer of Scotland'

Published by A.Fullarton and Co. - 1848

Whitelets

WHITELETS, a thriving village in the parish of St. Quivox, 1 mile north-east of Ayr. It stands at the point where a hitherto common or joint road from Ayr, splits into branches toward respectively Mauchline and Galston. The inhabitants are principally colliers. A railway for the conveyance of coal connects the village with the harbour of Newton-upon-Ayr.

 

 

 

 

Notice: Undefined index: manage in C:\xampp\htdocs\ntsayrshire\Gazatteer\Whitelets.html on line 76