'Antiquities of Scotland' Index
THIS ruin stands about a mile from Stewarton, in
the main road: leading from thence to Paisley. IT was the seat of the
family of Cunningham. The last person who dwelt in it was Sir David
Cunningham, thence denominated of Corshill. His grandson is now Lord
Lisle. At a small distance from this ruin are some small remains of a
more ancient building belonging, to the same family. This view was
drawn A. D. 1789, .